The Book Points software is free and open source software based on the Drupal platform. You can download and run the software on your own (Linux/Apache/MySQL) server. We strongly recommend that you have experience installing and administering Drupal before proceeding. You can also choose to have us host your summer site.
- Untar the download file
- Import the bookpoints*.sql file into an empty MySQL database
- Copy the public_html/ folder contents into your web root or public_html folder, including hidden files and folders such as .htaccess
- Copy the private folder adjacent to public_html
- Edit your sites/default/settings.php file to include the proper credentials for your MySQL database
- Visit your site; default username is admin, default password is 'BookPoints99!' (no quotes).
- Change the default email address and password for the admin user (/user/1/edit).
- Change the default site email address (/admin/config/system/site-information).
- Confirm the site's folder settings (/admin/config/media/file-system) reflect your file system's folder locations.
- Change the default email address on the site's "Ask a Question" webform settings (/node/28/webform/emails/1).
- Configure outgoing email settings (/admin/config/system/smtp).
- Recommended: enable the 'update' module and check for security updates; apply as needed.
Refer to BookPoints Documentation for additional configuration and customization steps.